Bartholomeus Klip Farmhouse
1.3km From Hermon on Elandsberg Farms; which is right in the center between Riebeek Kasteel (11km), Wellington (23km) and Wolsely (25km). Western Cape, South Africa
Bartholomeus Klip is a charming small hotel for only 16 guests on a working wheat and sheep farm just over an hour away from Cape Town.There is a 4 000 hectare fynbos nature reserve, with a spectacular backdrop of mountains, to be explored on game drives or by mountain bike, and beautiful gardens with a unique swimming pool. The food is renowned, with lavish brunches and high teas, and a gourmet three-course dinner. The separate Wild Olive House, with its own swimming pool, can be hired on a self-catering or full-board basis.
- Exquisite food
- Endless activities – guided or non-guided
- Beautiful surroundings
- Elegant and stylish accommodation
- Excellent Service
Making a Difference
- Actively supports Fair trade
- Creates Job opportunity for locals
- Life Skill courses for families that live on the farms
- Environmentally friendly – with worm farm and recycling, and energy efficient boilers
- Nature Reserve is Provincial Nature Reserve protecting the largest remaining habitat of the geometric tortoise – the world’s second most endangered tortoise.
- Eco Schools project – teaching young locals on environment, conservation and basic animal and plant knowledge
- Coins4 Kids initiative – asking guests to donate their coins to give to underprivileged schools projects
- Another project is breeding disease-free buffalo
- “Made in Heaven”- Theo Mantoura - London, UK
- “Every visit is like coming home”- Ragstones, UK
- “Cape Hospitality at its finest"- LewR - Cape Town, South Africa
- “A lovely getaway, close and far away from the city”- Priya - Cape Town, South Africa
- “Restful and Glorious Oasis" - Christopher P - Riversdal, South Africa
“In India, we have a saying; everything will be all right in the end. So if it is not all right, it is not yet the end.”
- Dev Patel (Actor) from his latest movie ...