Bartholomeus Klip Farmhouse
1.3km From Hermon on Elandsberg Farms; which is right in the center between Riebeek Kasteel (11km), Wellington (23km) and Wolsely (25km). Western Cape, South Africa
Bartholomeus Klip is a charming small hotel for only 16 guests on a working wheat and sheep farm just over an hour away from Cape Town.There is a 4 000 hectare fynbos nature reserve, with a spectacular backdrop of mountains, to be explored on game drives or by mountain bike, and beautiful gardens with a unique swimming pool. The food is renowned, with lavish brunches and high teas, and a gourmet three-course dinner. The separate Wild Olive House, with its own swimming pool, can be hired on a self-catering or full-board basis.
- Exquisite food
- Endless activities – guided or non-guided
- Beautiful surroundings
- Elegant and stylish accommodation
- Excellent Service
Making a Difference
- Actively supports Fair trade
- Creates Job opportunity for locals
- Life Skill courses for families that live on the farms
- Environmentally friendly – with worm farm and recycling, and energy efficient boilers
- Nature Reserve is Provincial Nature Reserve protecting the largest remaining habitat of the geometric tortoise – the world’s second most endangered tortoise.
- Eco Schools project – teaching young locals on environment, conservation and basic animal and plant knowledge
- Coins4 Kids initiative – asking guests to donate their coins to give to underprivileged schools projects
- Another project is breeding disease-free buffalo
- “Made in Heaven”- Theo Mantoura - London, UK
- “Every visit is like coming home”- Ragstones, UK
- “Cape Hospitality at its finest"- LewR - Cape Town, South Africa
- “A lovely getaway, close and far away from the city”- Priya - Cape Town, South Africa
- “Restful and Glorious Oasis" - Christopher P - Riversdal, South Africa
"Your work is going to fill a large part of your life, and the only way to be truly satisfied is to do what you believe is great work. And the only way to do great work is to love what you do. If you haven't found it yet, keep looking, and don't settle. As with all matters of the heart, ... you'll know when you find it."
- Steve Jobs