Forest Edge Nature-lovers Retreat, Knysna
22 km outside Knysna, Rheenendal Road, Farm 118, Knysna, Garden Route, Western Cape, South Africa
Experience Tranquillity, Romance & Privacy in nature at one of South Africa’s BEST nature-lovers’ retreats. Forest Edge is the winner of almost a dozen national and international awards. Experience sundowners with fireflies and cosy log-fires; the magic of the Knysna Forest with birds, game, secluded rock pools, forest walks & biking trails…
- Children of all ages welcome! Forest Edge is known as a family friendly destination!
- Children aged between 0 and 1 stay free.
- Children aged between 2 and 18 pay 100% of the sliding scale rate.
Note: Minimum 2 Night stays
- Consistently High Standards - Multi-Award winning self-catering cottages
- Value for Money - Affordable whether you choose the budget get-away or more luxurious options (with WiFi, DSTV)
- Comfort – Exceptionally fully equipped for self-catering or use our breakfast basket / braai pack options
- Privacy & a Unique Forest Experience - Off the beaten track away from traffic noise, yet close to attractions
Making a Difference
Forest Edge is a celebrated eco-friendly destination, from solar, rainwater harvesting, composting, recycling, vermiculture and growing our own organic vegetables (also for our staff) to the way we tread softly on this earth.
- "Wonderful stay! Tranquil and romantic - Clanelle and Matthew Anderson, Stilbaai, March 2014
- "Super romantic and truly unique" - Peter Sodermans, Luxembourg, February 2014
- "What a lovely venue to celebrate love between newly weds! - Gerhard du Toit, Dana Bay, February 2014
- Couldn't have spent it in a better place. Ronel - what a slick business! Everything thought of before and yet it feels relaxed, peaceful... - Candice and Roanne Goldsmith, Cape Town, February 2014
- "Clean, neat and in touch with Nature... A peaceful, relaxing time - we needed to recharge our batteries. Very well equipped with everything we needed and more! The best self-catering place we've stayed in. - Kevin and Marie Brown (one year anniversary), George, January 2014
“We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give”
- Winston Churchill