Turbine Hotel & Spa
TH 36 Sawtooth Lane - Thesen Island, Knysna, Garden Route, Western Cape, South Africa
Picture transforming an industrial (wood fired steam) power station into accommodation and you get the very unique Turbine Boutique Hotel! … Most of the primary components were left in position and now form an integral part of the theme of the hotel. If you want to charge you batteries, this waterfront picture perfect boutique hotel AND spa, promises to inspire you long after you have left.
Kindly note: Minimum 2 nights stay
View The Turbine Hotel on Top Billing:… CLICK HERE
- A unique & creative architectural masterpiece; staying in a heritage site which was previously a power station.
- The location: Right in the middle of the Thesen Island in Knysna – A town with a reputation as being South Africa’s favourite town.
- They offer a relaxing and rejuvenating Spa experience
- Rooms are tastefully decorated with everything needed to really make your stay as comfortable as possible.
- Spoiling your taste buds in their 2 restaurants (the Tapas Bar & Island Café) will be another highlight of your stay….
- They also have a fully served reception with concierge facilities, including lagoon or sea cruises, cycling and assistance to other places of interest. Common areas are also an art gallery showcasing local SA talent.
Making a Difference
The Turbine Boutique Hotel is a “Green Hotel”:
- The main “green” aspect of the Turbine Hotel & Spa is that the entire existing building shell (foundations, walls, floors, roof structure, pool structure and staircases), was “recycled”.
- All the hot water in the hotel is either heated by solar panels or heat pumps.
- There are automatic switch-off devices in all the bedrooms so electrical devices switch off automatically upon exiting.
- Heating in the public areas is done by flue less gas fireplaces instead of electric heating and most of the cooking in the kitchen is done on gas hobs.
- Rainwater is harvested off the roofs to be used for irrigation and backup water for the hotel.
- “A wonderful Stay with wonderful staff and magical atmosphere” – Guest from Sydney, Australia
- “Unusually creative, luxurious and unforgettable” – Guest from Cape Town, South Africa
- “Brilliant & Unique! A must stay place.” – Guest from Johannesburg, South Africa
THE MOST ROMANTIC THREE DAYS OF YOUR LIFE!
- DAY 1: A bottle of chilled premier Cap Classique on arrival in your suite. Explore the Knysna Lagoon by kayak or bicycle. Candle lit three-course dinner at The Island Café. Round your first day off with the Turbine’s Romantic Turndown specially prepared for you.
- DAY 2: Enjoy breakfast in bed, and then head to our Amani Spa for a 60 minute ‘his and hers’ treatment and use of the Rasul (Arabian steam room). Sunset cruise on the hotels own motorised Pontoon.
- DAY 3: Breakfast at Island Café, late check out
# Valid from 1 September 2012 to 31 August 2013
Press the ENQUIRE NOW button and request “Romantic Special Offer”….
“We are born, we live, and we die. We cannot do anything about being born or about dying, but we can do a lot about how we live.”
- Joyce Meyer