8 Possible Long Weekend & Mini Breaks awaits you in 2014!
Plan ahead & make sure you book the perfect holiday spot!
SOUTH AFRICA – Public Holidays 2014:
|1 January 2014||New Year’s Day|
|21 March 2014||Human Rights’ Day|
|18 April 2014||Good Friday|
|21 April 2014||Family Day|
|27 April 2014||Freedom Day|
|28 April 2014||Public Holiday|
|1 May 2014||Workers’ Day|
|16 June 2014||Youth Day|
|9 August 2014||National Women’s Day|
|24 September 2014||Heritage Day|
|16 December 2014||Day of Reconciliation|
|25 December 2014||Christmas Day|
|26 December 2014||Day of Goodwill|
SOUTH AFRICA – 8 Suggestions for Long Weekends in 2014:
- Friday, 21 March 2014 (Human Rights Day). A relaxing long weekend awaits you from the Friday 21st; Saturday 22nd to the Sunday 23rd of March 2014.
- Easter Weekend: Friday 18 April 2014 (Good Friday), Saturday 19 April; Sunday 20 April & Monday 21 April (Family Day). A 4 day long weekend!
- Saturday 26st of April; Sunday 27th of April (Freedom Day) & Monday 28th of April (Public Holiday). A 3 day long weekend! (FURTHER SUGGESTION: Why not take extra leave between 22 (Tuesday) – 25 (Friday) April 2014 and have a proper mini-holiday break by combining the previous 2 long weekends!? This is from the 18th of April to the 28th of April; 10 days in total! (And you only have to apply for 4 official working days’ leave)
- Thursday, the 1st of May 2014 is Workers’ Day. 4 Suggestions: (a) Take leave on 29 – 30 April and have an long weekend between 26 April to 1 May 2014 – A 6 days break! OR (b) Take leave on the 2nd of May and have a long weekend from 1 to 4 May; a 4 days break! OR (c) Combine “a” & “b” and take a break from 26 April to 4 May! This is a delightful 9 days break! OR (d) Be brave and take a break from 18 April to 4 May 2014. This is a proper 17 days holiday! The good news: Of this 17 days, you only have to ask for ±6 days leave!
- Monday the 16th of June 2014 is a public holiday. Long weekend of 3 days = Saturday 14th of June, Sunday 15th of June and Monday 16th of June 2013 (Youth day).
- Wednesday 24th September 2014 is Heritage Day. Why not take leave on 22 (Monday) – 23 (Tuesday) September OR 25 (Thursday) – 26 (Friday) September and have a 5 days long weekend!?
- 16 December 2014 (Day of Reconciliation) is a Tuesday, making 13 – 16 December a possible long weekend if you can take leave on Monday the 15th of December 2014.
- Most people take their annual leave in December and January each year. If you are not privileged to take your annual leave then, make sure to plan a 4 days mini-long-weekend break from Thursday 25 December (Christmas Day) to 28 December 2014 as Friday the 26th of December is also a public holiday (Day of Goodwill)…
# Related Articles: “Dancing the Soul Salsa”